Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Mystery of “Captain Kangaroo”

Over in the right hand column, about 18 inches down, is the listing of “most popular posts”. At the top of this listing is a post simply entitled “Captain Kangaroo”. That post has been there for some time; out of curiosity, I searched the archives and came up with this:


I’m not sure what the appeal is that this blog post should have almost 6600 page views, and is continuing to draw more viewers than current posts; it’s a five-year-old blog post refuting one of the key arguments challenging Monergism in favor of Arminianism. There’s nothing new about that. Maybe folks who are searching “Captain Kangaroo” are stumbling on it. Maybe some of our astute readers can shed some light here.

7 comments:

  1. That's funny that you bring it up. I have been noticing it myself. I happen to think that the post was compellingly refuted (just see the link in the last comment). But in any case, it is strange that it seems to regularly be in the top read posts lately, not every week, but seemingly often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arminian

      "I happen to think that the post was compellingly refuted (just see the link in the last comment)."

      And here I was on the edge of my seat, wondering whose side "Arminian" would take. It was a real nail-biter for a few moments, but then, in a startling turn of events, "Arminian" sided with the Arminian.

      Delete
    2. Just as it was so startling that you, a Calvinist epologist and lead author at this site would pooh pooh a commendation of a post that refuted your fellow Calvinist epologist and his post on your site. Who would have thought such a thing would ever happen?

      I can only hope it just serves to direct more people to the post that refuted Manata's "Captain Kangaroo" post: http://arminianperspectives.blogspot.com/2008/02/clarifications-and-rebuttal-responding.html.

      Delete
  2. Well, John, I guess the moral of the story is that some folks never outgrew Capt. Kangaroo. I may have seen a few episodes when I was a little boy, but I was never a regular viewer.

    The other moral of the story is that if we want to get lots of hits, we need to entitle our posts based on some popular TV show or celebrity scandal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know why.

    Go to Google Image search (https://www.google.com/imghp) . Search for "Captain Kangaroo". The image of the Captain you have on that blog post is the #1 search result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Motley, that's funny. The T-Blog image is THE NUMBER ONE search result!

      Delete
    2. So go load that page up with all the things you want first-time visitors and/or C.Kangaroo fans to know about Triablogue. ;)

      Delete