Wednesday, May 16, 2012

“I (as in me, myself, yours truly) am the One True Church”

Seen on the Internet:

I have decided that I agree with the Roman Catholic apologists who say the Orthodox Church is not the One True Church; and I agree with the Orthodox apologists who say that the Roman Catholic Church is not the One True Church. In this matter they both prove their points; they are both right.

[a Roman Catholic blogger has] stated it as one of his "Laws" that "any church that does not claim to be the One True Church is only a denomination or sect." ... [P]ersonally, but I must say that he has stopped short of the full logic of this allegedly self-evident law. We should go a step further. So here is my Law: Anyone who does not claim to be, all by himself (or herself as the case may be) the One True Church, and to possess in his person the fullness of the Catholic Church, is not a church, but only a part or member of the body.

Therefore, I am announcing now, after much consideration, that I have decided that I (as in me, myself, yours truly) am the One True Church - just me and no one else. Yep. Unless you are me you cannot enter into the fullness of the Catholic Church...

No comments:

Post a Comment