Friday, November 25, 2011

Apologetics And Christmas

Over the last few years, I've put together some posts linking to our material on Christmas issues:

2008
2009
2010

The 2008 post has the most material and is foundational to the other two. You'll find a scripture index, book reviews, commentary recommendations, recommended resources on the web, and more. If you can't find something you're looking for, you can ask me about it in this thread or email me (my address is in my Blogger profile).

We've written a lot about Christmas issues since the 2010 post. Steve Hays addressed the origins of the Christmas holiday. And here's a post I wrote about recent and upcoming commentaries on Matthew and Luke and which ones I'd recommend. Here's a thread on the secularization of the holiday and how concerned Christians should be about it. Steve Hays wrote a lot about Christian objections to the celebration of Christmas. See here, here, here, here, here, and here. He wrote about objections to Santa Claus here, here, here, and here. Patrick Chan wrote about it here. Patrick also linked to a resource on the date of Jesus' birth. I recommended a resource concerning early Christian use of the December 25 date and its alleged pagan origins. I also wrote about Christmas and prophecy fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment