Sunday, March 08, 2020

International Women's Day

1. I'd argue Christianity has a higher regard for women than virtually any other religion or worldview. Perhaps a major exception is Judaism, though rabbinic Judaism is quite different than biblical Judaism. And secular humanism is parasitic on Judeo-Christian values about women. Anyway others better than I have written reams about all this so I won't belabor the point.

2. I don't know why we need an International Women's Day to celebrate women in general. I don't celebrate women in general, just like I don't celebrate men in general. There are good and bad among men and women.

3. It seems to me International Women's Day is just another diversity day to push feminism. I mean a mixture of second, third, and/or fourth wave feminism. Just like there are diversity days to push liberal or progressive values and goals about minorities like Native Americans, African-Americans, Latinos/Hispanics, and so on. Mind you, I support many minority issues, but what I don't support is the liberal or progressive use or manipulation of minorities to push their own agendas.

4. Besides, as far as that goes, why isn't there a UNESCO-recognized International Men's Day? Especially in light of all the issues and problems many men suffer today.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how many feminists women would celebrate this day with Bruce Jenner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Many if not most of these same feminists are also LGBTQ proponents.

      For that matter, many feminists support women's rights but aren't very vocal about the plight of women in Muslim communities.

      Also, many feminists support abortion but aren't very vocal when it comes to people aborting babies due to being female (e.g. China).

      Delete