Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Bible Ain't No Thinline!

I finally got tired of carrying to church both my hardcover UBS Greek New Testament A Reader's Edition and my cheesy cardboard binding A Reader's Hebrew Bible. So today I had a great idea, instead of having a professional Bible binding company charge me for putting both of these testaments under one leather cover, I remembered I had a pighide leather NASB stored away from years ago (pighide symbolizes God making the unclean, clean). So I decided to rip the binding off both of my Hebrew and Greek Readers' editions, as well as the pighide binding from the NASB. All I did was use 5-minute epoxy and add two ribbons. And thankfully the pighide binding was a full-yapp, otherwise, it would not have wrapped around both Readers' editions. It weighs in at 2,356 pages of three thick inches of Hebrew and Greek!

Maybe Mark Bertrand will feature my Bible on his Bible design blog for creativity!

OK, it is not pretty, but it works. The Greek Reader is a bit longer than the Hebrew Reader, but it has character!











14 comments:

  1. I like BIG BIBLES and i cannot lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, I can appreciate it because I also bring my iPhone with the Accordance app, but I am still old school needing those physical pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's like the Darth Vader edition, I love it!

    The force is strong with this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's heavy man, like really really groovy heavy, man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should win some sort of award for concocting a Bible that makes the ESVSB look positively petite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it just me, or do ya'll feel guilty using an electric text on Sunday? When I break out the iPod Touch I tend to get the hairy eye ball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just for laughs you should throw in an LXX too. Otherwise you'll never be able to rival the LDS quad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael said...
    "Is it just me, or do ya'll feel guilty using an electric text on Sunday? When I break out the iPod Touch I tend to get the hairy eye ball."

    I can't say for the other folks, but at my church I've been there long enough that they know I'm the resident nerd... so they were not surprised to see me arrive with an iPad one Sunday following the scripture readings in the Kindle app (ESVSB, of course) while taking notes in Evernote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael, I just thought of something -- you may be getting the hairy eye because people think you are texting in church.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alan,

    If you ever retail your Bible you will need to include a membership at nearby gym with the purchase price so that users will have the upper-body strength to lug your Bible around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I like BIG BIBLES and i cannot lie."

    Darn you, 7drizzles7. You beat me to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete