Monday, March 21, 2011

Operatic Christianity

Ever since Paul Manata started his own blog, stealing all my best customers, I’ve been scheming how to lure them back.

Since Paul’s blog is dedicated to Aporetic Christianity, my rival blog will be dedicated to Operatic Christianity. If Paul can post academic disquisitions on aporetics, then I can post academic disquisitions on operatics

If Paul can pioneer aporesuppositionalism, then I can pioneer operasuppositionalism

If Paul can blog on analytic theology, philosophical theology, and modal metaphysics, then I can blog on operatic theology and mythology , viz. Die Zauberflöte, Don Carlo, Der Ring des Nibelungen, La damnation de Faust, Parsifal, Dialogues des carmélites, Moses und Aron, Orfeo ed Euridice, Samson and Delilah, Suor Angelica.

If Paul can name-drop James Anderson, Alvin Plantinga, Bill Vallicella, Robert Adams, Alexander Pruss, and Saul Kripke, then I can name-drop Maria Callas, Franco Corelli, Enzio Pinza, Ettore Bastianini, Renata Tebaldi, and Louisa Tetrazzini.  

7 comments:

  1. You could hire up some Klingons...a little Klingon Opera never hurts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I name dropped Steve Hays

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could name drop Enrico Pollazzi.

    (Wait for it)

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCc1DzRAgQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If Paul can name-drop James Anderson, Alvin Plantinga, Bill Valicella, Robert Adams, Alexander Pruss, and Saul Kripke, then I can name-drop Maria Callas, Franco Corelli, Enzio Pinza, Ettore Bastianini, Renata Tebaldi, and Louisa Tetrazzini."

    I'll see your Tebaldi, and raise you a Mott the Hoople, or maybe Bruno Sammartino.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, since we're in the mood for name dropping; how bout Archie Leach, Roy Scherer Jr., William Pratt, Issur Danielovich, and Fred C. Dobbs.

    Hah! Come on Hays, let's see you match that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember watching Bruno Samartino on TV with my grandfather back in the 60's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone know what happened to Paul Manata's blog? I got this: aporeticchristianity.wordpress.com is no longer available.

    ReplyDelete