Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Forsaking Christianity

For anyone who still cares about what's happening with Rhett & Link, here is a post which looks like a fairly comprehensive overview and discussion of their background and apostasy. I haven't read it, just skimmed it.

Speaking for myself, I admit it's hard to care a whole lot about Rhett & Link's apostasy except as a lesson for others. My thinking is there are many other people who never had the opportunities and never enjoyed the circumstances Rhett & Link enjoy who could benefit from our focus. But Rhett & Link do serve as good object lessons, I suppose. And I do hope they turn back to God someday.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps they're not forsaking Christianity so much as a specific theology and view of the Gospel? It just sounds like they haven't thought through this entirely.

    In any rate, even if one accepts evolution as the explanation for the diversity of species, it emphatically does NOT explain the origin of life itself (contrary to what is commonly understood). James Tour, professor of chemistry and engineering at Rice, explains this very well, I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sP1E1Jd_Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim!

      I think Rhett and Link's objections could definitely be characterized as "they haven't thought through this entirely"! :)

      Coincidentally, Lydia McGrew and I were just talking about James Tour here.

      Delete