Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Jesus never existed as a historical person since the 70s"

In this book Brodie (a major biblical scholar) drops a bombshell: he has been convinced that Jesus never existed as a historical person since the 70s.


Well, I must say that’s disappointing news. I became a Christian in the 70s. Looks like I became a Christian at about the same time Jesus went out of existence. Clearly my timing was off. If only I’d been born a few decades earlier.

I’m mildly curious to know what caused Jesus to cease to exist in the 70s. Did his deletion from the spacetime continuum have anything to do with Jimmy Carter’s misery index?

Unfortunately, I’m too chintzy to buy the book. I’ll wait for the Ron Howard movie.

1 comment:

  1. Why does anyone even bother with Carrier?

    ReplyDelete