Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This priest was pastor of the church I attended for years



http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/06/01/source-priest-invited-minor-to-drink-alcohol/.

We found the story linked here because there was another story about him on the 11:00 news tonight.

He was the "administrator" of the parish, while the previous priest of the parish, Rev John Wellinger, was removed from the priesthood in 2003, based on accusations in 1995, for abuse in the late 1980's. Wellinger performed the marriage ceremony for my wife and me.

So Rev. Valentine was the "safe" guy. He had been a chaplain in the U.S. Marine Corps.

Together, these two men baptized all of my six children.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sure it's fine. You worry too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my kids weren't approached. My oldest son's face got licked (by a priest pretending to be a puppy). But we never let them out of our sight with these guys.

      But one young man who associated with Father Wellinger is dead from suicide.

      Delete
  2. But we never let them out of our sight with these guys.

    I should hope not!

    ReplyDelete