Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Longview Baptist Temple

I am a former member of Longview Baptist Temple. I am a lot younger than James of course (19) but I know for a fact everything he has written about the church is true. I went to the church from birth to age 12 when my family and I were basically kicked out of the church. I am the daughter of Russell Hirner and the way we were treated shortly after this particular situation was completely un-Christian. We are only friends with a few families there still. We certainly grew from the whole experience, but still are not completely over it, due to the fact that my father is not yet back with us. We hope that he will be soon. The part of the concealed handguns is definitely true because my own father had one too, and I know of at least 4 or 5 others that also carried them. I mean who in Texas doesn't have one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,

    This sounds like the Boston Church of Christ.

    Have you ever heard of that movement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember James Spurgeon when he was at TeamPyro.
    Good man.

    ReplyDelete