Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How loving is loving?

Arminians assure us that the Arminian God is more loving than the Calvinist God. But does the Arminian God do whatever it takes, at any cost, by any means necessary, to act in the best interests of sinners?

Just compare Arminian theism with a recent post by Joe Carter, and see the difference between the lengths to which real paternal love will go, and the Arminian deity:

Best Dads in TV and Film
Joe Carter

Father’s Day was last Sunday, but it’s never too late to appreciate good ol’ dad. Here are several categories and candidates for best fathers in film and television:

Best Protector: Bryan Mills (Taken) – Chances are you won’t recognize the name even if you’ve seen the good-but-forgettable 2008 action flick Taken. So why does Mills make the list? Because when faced with every father’s worst nightmare (his his 17-year-old daughter is kidnapped in Paris and forced in the sexual slave trade), Mills uses all his skills and knowledge (he’s a former CIA agent) to find her and bring her home. While the action is pure Hollywood, the message is universal: We dads will do anything in our power to protect our children.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2010/06/25/best-dads-in-tv-and-film/

2 comments:

  1. Taken is a very good film. Liam Neeson is a fine actor.

    And the famous scene where he says: "If you don't let my daughter go, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you", was excellent.

    I suppose it captures in a mild and small way the justice of our heavenly Father for His beloved children.
    But, there so much more with our Ftaher, and our Savior, Jesus Christ, seeking us, and saving us, and crushing our enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the movie Taken as well.

    Although there's no way that I could do what Liam Neeson did.

    But I would do whatever it takes to protect my children, including giving up my own life.

    ReplyDelete