Thursday, October 25, 2007

Deep Thoughts, by John Loftus

===============

"The bottom line is that civilized people toady are less likely to commit such crimes because we have all learned our lessons from history, both Christians and atheists. Why? Because that's how human beings learn our morality, through trial and error and the lessons of history."

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2007/10/dinesh-dsouzas-whats-so-great-about.html

================

And so is this how Loftus knows that child molestation is wrong?

Molest a few girls, "Oh, that didn't turn out so great, guess we'll call it 'immoral.'"

Cheat on your wife a few times, "Oh, look at that, it caused pain, guess we'll call that 'immoral.'"

Also, how does Loftus know that homosexuality is not immoral? Tried it a few times?

5 comments:

  1. Paul Manata,
    That was too funny...
    You made a point there...man, you have a point of reducing something to absurdity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Mr. Trial

    I murdered a man today. Didn't work for me, so I won't do it again.

    Last week I beat my girlfriend, lynched a person of another race, and embezzled $5000. She left me, the NAACP marched, and I still couldn't pay the bills. Next time I won't beat my girlfriend, I'll cover up the crime, and I'll just embezzle more.

    Signed Mr. Error

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Paul, I tried it a few hundred times, but decided I didn't like it. Now I just sit around self-publishing, if you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Error hits on the other side of why Loftus' argument is absurd. "I'll just embezzle more".
    Let's say the Nazi's/Klansmen, etc. had prevailed. Would that make it ok? I suppose Loftus doesn't mind abortion since it's turned out to be a workable, unobtrusive system. But this is equivalent to saying, "I have no morality. Que sera sera."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Mr. Anonymous,

    Exactly, it works because at least I feel better.

    Sincerely,

    Mr. Error

    ReplyDelete