Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Stolen dreams

You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction…The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say: We will never forgive you.


So we're facing mass extinction, yet nonexistent future generations will never forgive my indolent generation.

Her childhood was squandered on activism. 

2 comments:

  1. Anyone keeping a list of these so we can play them back? Like AOC saying Miami will be underwater in < 5 years?

    Given secularism, we have no duty to the future generations, so even if she's factually correct (a big if), whence comes her moral condemnation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the lists that I've seen have been tracking the "doom 'n' gloom" claims since the sixties; I haven't seen any ones of recent activity. However, it's still useful, since it shows that the left has always preached an environmental apocalypse as a precursor to big(ger) government.

      Delete