Monday, September 17, 2018

The old duffer code

Denny Burke has conveniently posted a time-stamped edition of Mohler's position regarding The Statement on Justice and the Gospel:


I draw attention to this because Mohler is one of the grand muftis in the SBC. His position is influential, and representative of other power brokers in the SBC. 

Unlike Russell Moore, who's a weasel, I think Mohler is a good guy. I disagree with his reasons for not signing the statement.

You might call it the old duffer code: "When I was a boy…" Folks like Mohler have the provincial notion that when and where they grew up should be the frame of reference for the younger generation. Mohler and I are just about the same age (he's two months younger than me), but I don't chain the younger generation to the experiences of my generation. They have their own duties and challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment