Sunday, June 27, 2010

O great God of highest heaven

(Source)

O great God of highest heaven
Occupy my lowly heart
Own it all and reign supreme
Conquer every rebel power
Let no vice or sin remain
That resists your holy war
You have loved and purchased me
Make me yours forevermore

I was blinded by my sin,
Had no ears to hear your voice
Did not know your love within
Had no taste for heaven's joys
Then your Spirit gave me life
Opened up your Word to me
Through the gospel of your Son
Gave me endless hope and peace

Help me now to live a life
That's dependent on your grace
Keep my heart and guard my soul
From the evils that I face
You are worthy to be praised
With my every thought and deed
O great God of highest heaven
Glorify your name through me.

HT: Tullian Tchividjian.

2 comments:

  1. Is this an older hymn, or was it written by the crew who made the Valley of Vision album?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, that's a good question. I'm not totally sure.

    Oh, I noticed this from a commenter named David Gill in the original post:

    "Beautiful hymn. Can’t wait for this to be released on CD...Kauflin told me that they’re planning to release a CD of the worship from this year’s and 2012’s combined."

    ReplyDelete