Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"God kills worshippers"

"The God of the Bible does not suffer from Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy. He does not create problems so that he can solve them and make himself look good."

http://pastorrod.blogspot.com/2007/12/god-kills-worshippers.html

That's a very creative application of Munchausen Syndrome. I didn't realize until now that female victims of kidnapping normally orchestrated their own abduction to make themselves look good.

Continuing:

"Back to our chess player. Does a grand master need the novice to make any specific move in order to win the game? Imagine the master saying, 'Ah, I didn't expect that. Well, then I guess I'll move here.' Interestingly enough, the Bible is filled with God making several similar statements. Yet the master wins the game."

So he's an open theist?

Notice how libertarianism collapses into fatalism. The novice is free to make any move he pleases. But the grand master will outmaneuver any and every move the novice makes, in which case, it makes absolutely no difference whether the novice plays or doesn't play or makes any particular move—for whatever he does or would do is negated by the grand master such that our grand master always wins.

But, thankfully, that isn't a "rigged" game.

2 comments:

  1. Steve,

    I like that little trick of posting a URL without making it a link.

    You guys are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Rod said:
    Steve,

    I like that little trick of posting a URL without making it a link.

    You guys are so clever.

    ***********************

    I intended to hyperlink your post, but the cosmic grand chess master outmaneuvered me. Every time I make a move, he makes a countermove. You know how that goes, right?

    ReplyDelete