Thursday, May 13, 2004

A Sad Case on a Sad Day

May God have mercy on this poor soul. He is exhibit A proving the foolishness of "modern" views of human sexuality and gender.

Today is a sickening day. If you haven't endured viewing the videotaped slaughter of Nick Berg, you can find it on Dennis Prager's Web Site. Dennis today said on his radio show that Americans have a moral obligation to view this horror. First to honor Nick Berg and his effort to help his fellow man by working for the betterment of Iraq. Second to clarify the moral difference between the U.S. and it's enemies. I heard the audio of the Al-Qaeda murderers sawing off Mr. Berg's head while chanting "God is great". I haven't yet brought myself to view the video. I believe I will but I don't think it's a moral obligation for every American. I do think it's a moral education for all who have eyes to see.

There is one aspect of the Abu Ghraib torture at the hands of U.S. military that adds to the gloom. I suspect that if you were to meet the soldiers who perpetrated the torture, they wouldn't seem evil on the surface. In one day there is a grisly public execution and further revelations of dehumanizing sadistic torture by those who know better but act worse. I think it may have been Anselm who said that if there was no theological doctrine of original sin, logic would demand it in order to explain the pervasiveness and depth of human wickedness.

The heart is desperately sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment