Monday, June 22, 2015

Just a speck of dust


We all are of the same stardust. We are all going to live and die on the same planet, a Pale Blue Dot in the vastness of space. 
In that long-ago moment I was paralyzed by self-doubt. I am just a little kid standing on a beach. And, that beach is a one of many beaches on a planet that turns out to be, in the cosmic scheme of things, pretty small — a speck really. Furthermore, my home speck, the Earth, is just a speck orbiting a star that really, considering all the other sand-grain-numerous stars, is just another speck in the galaxy of stars. The galaxy, in turn, being another speck, among galactic specks. I am a speck on a speck orbiting a speck in the middle of deep spacey specklelessness. I don’t matter at all.

4 comments:

  1. That pretty much sums it up for the anti-theists. "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!"

    Seems that I've come across that sentiment somewhere before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least he's being consistent (at least at this point) with his worldview

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete