Friday, July 06, 2012

Monersynergism

On the one hand:

rogereolson says:
July 6, 2012 at 12:57 pm


I think you’re right. And I am uncomfortable with any attempt to combine monergism and synergism. They just don’t mix.


On the other hand:

rogereolson says:
July 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm


We’ve been over this time and time again. I have explained carefully and patiently the nature of prevenient grace as a partial regeneration of the will–sufficient to overcome the bondage of the will to sin and to make possible a decision for God and the gospel of Jesus Christ with repentance and faith.

2 comments:

  1. These "on the other hand" posts remind me of the Animaniacs' "Good idea, bad idea" skits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who gives anyone the right to partially regenerate my will, what if I didn't want it partially regenerated? It's like my foreskin, nobody asked, they just took it. My free-will has been violated. Nobody should be able to do anything to my person without a consent form! My personal autonomy is the highest good....

    ReplyDelete