Monday, March 03, 2008

My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad

In this day when there are so many non-family friendly shows on TV, it's hard to find anything worth watching. It's become increasingly more difficult to find men who are portrayed as functional, good fathers. Therefore, we should give credit where credit is due. I'd like to draw your attention to a game show on NBC called My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad. I watched it for the first time tonight. These fathers are modeling sportsmanship and they are taking time out of their schedules to compete with their sons and daughters while the rest of their families watch.

I don't know about you, but it does my heart good to see their wives on the sidelines leading a cheering section with the rest of their families. It does my heart good to see two wives hug each other when one their team loses. It does my heart good to see two fathers shake hands. It does my heart good to see the competing children hug. It does my heart good when a daughter says,when her team loses, "I'm just glad my Dad took time to do this with me." We need more shows like this, folks. Take the time to write NBC - snail mail, not email - to tell them you appreciate this program and the message it's sending. Encourage them to create some family oriented dramas that do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment