I can't forecast the future with assurance, but here's a plausible trajectory, based on what we see happening in Europe and the UK. Muslim immigration will destroy a free and open society.
When Muslims immigrate to a Western country, they bring their social pathologies with them. Once the percentage of Muslims reaches a certain threshold, authorities confront a painful dilemma:
i) Take for granted that a certain incidence of Muslim-related rape, gang-rape, honor-killing, sex trafficking, and domestic jihadist attacks, &c., are now an ineradicable fixture of life in the host country. That's something the general public needs to get used to.
ii) Expel the Muslims.
The problem with (ii) is that if you wait until you have millions of Muslims in your country, expelling them will be very violent. Because (ii) is such a drastic options, authorities settle for (i).
Even if you restrict Muslim immigration, because they generally have higher birthrates than the locals, their percentage of the population will expand over time.
Having opted for (ii), this leads to certain policies:
1. At best, it becomes an exercise in keeping Muslim criminality at manageable levels. That includes no-go zones where police have simply written off certain areas.
2. Police will surveil Muslim communities. This, however, will give police a pretext to engage in dragnet surveillance of the general public. Everyone's communications and activities will be monitored.
3. Police won't protect you or your dependents from Muslim crime. Police won't allow you to protect yourself or your dependents from Muslim crime. Rather, the policy will be to appease Muslims to stave off rioting.
4. Speech and actions which Muslims deem to be provocative will be illegal. Muslims won't be punished for responding to (alleged) provocative speech and actions. Rather, the (alleged) provocateur will be punished.
5. The ruling class will find this arrangement preferable. A surveillance state and security state empowers the ruling class. In gives the ruling class the pretext and apparatus (e.g. security forces) to engage in social engineering to promote its utopian agenda. Members of the ruling class live in posh gated communities where they don't suffer the consequences of social policies they inflict on the general public. The ruling class will rarely encounter Muslims.