Friday, April 14, 2006

Jesus, Friend Of Sinners

"Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom" (Luke 23:42)

Jesus, Thou art the sinner’s Friend;
As such I look to Thee;
Now, in the fullness of Thy love,
O Lord, remember me.

Remember Thy pure Word of grace,
Remember Calvary’s tree,
Remember all Thy dying groans,
And then remember me.

Thou wondrous Advocate with God,
I yield my soul to Thee;
While Thou art pleading on the throne,
Dear Lord, remember me.

Lord, I am guilty, I am vile,
But Thy salvation’s free;
Then, in Thine all abounding grace,
Dear Lord, remember me.

Howe’er forsaken or despised,
Howe’er oppressed I be,
Howe’er forgotten here on earth,
Do Thou remember me.

And when I close my eyes in death,
And human help shall flee,
Then, then, my dear redeeming God,
O then remember me.

(Richard Burnham, "Jesus, Thou Art the Sinner's Friend")

No comments:

Post a Comment