Thursday, April 30, 2020

A Catholic-Protestant meme war

A Catholic-Protestant meme war kicked off on Facebook when a couple of Catholics initiated it. Paul Manata had glorious responses, as did several other Protestants. In fact, I'd say Paul single-handedly won the war. Cameron Bertuzzi thought Protestants had lost the war...until he saw Paul's responses, then he completely reversed judgment. My contributions are below. NB: This kind of humor won't suit those who are easily offended. So of course I'll start with (probably) the most offensive one.

6 comments:

  1. Where are the Catholic memes to be found? I want to see more.

    Also, can someone explain the bridge meme to me? I know it's because I'm being slow-witted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's making the point that the demand for some form of absolute, irrefutable certainty (and the claim that otherwise, we're basically lost - i.e. even though all the arguments for the Bible's inspiration may be excellent, they don't quite deliver 100% and we need Rome for that) is not one that reflects how we think or behave anywhere else in life.

      Delete
    2. And.... to decide to swallow all Rome's preposterous doctrines in order to get that supposed 100% certainty that she offers is nuts.

      Delete
    3. Yes, the need for QIRC, as R. Scott Clark calls it.

      Delete
    4. Catholic memes found on Facebook. See Paul Manata's page for most of the best ones. Mine are but a dim reflection of his.

      As far as the bridge meme. The quotation I took from Catholic apologist Trent Horn. Looks like David Anderson answered! :)

      Delete
  2. The first meme reminds me of the old joke. How do you get a nun pregnant? Dress her up as an alter boy.

    ReplyDelete