Saturday, June 08, 2019

Dead or dying

One of my first college teaching jobs was at a Catholic college where I met, for the first time, priests who seemed less Catholic than I was. Since I was not Catholic at all, this seemed odd to me, fascinating, if a bit sad...I am probably not a Catholic in part because these excellent teachers convinced me that the Church I might have loved was no more or dying. This was cheering to them, if depressing to me.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/eidos/2019/05/only-one-person-in-particular-surely-in-hell/

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a tweet I from an atheist I think you pointed out, where he was teasing those who had jettisoned all of Christianity but still wanted to call themselves Christians. That is one thing I fail to comprehend.

    ReplyDelete