Sunday, June 02, 2019

Infiltration

Taylor Marshall has a new book out. To say it's getting mixed reviews is an understatement. For instance:



Who is Taylor Marshall and why should anyone care? Well, among other things, he's a charter member of Called to Communion:


According to them, when evangelicals convert to Roman Catholicism, they entered into the "fullness of truth". But now I find myself in a terrible predicament. I'm hankering to rejoin Mother Church. Like a werewolf on a full moon, I have to be put in a steel cage to keep me from swimming the Tiber. I bought prayer beads and votive candles in preparation. But whose vision of Catholicism at Called to Communion represents the fullness of truth–Marshall Taylor or Bryan Cross? Does Bryan have half the fulness of truth while Marshall has the other half? Or does one have 75% of the fullness of truth while the other has 25% of the fullness of truth? And which one? 

Of course, Called to Communion always maintains a public facade of imperturbable solidarity. It could be the zombie apocalypse outside but Called to Communion would be playing The Sound of Music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment