Thursday, March 04, 2021

The Eye of the Beholder is out

Jason already noted that Lydia McGrew's latest book The Eye of the Beholder is out.

I wanted to point out Lydia has released a short trailer about her book too:

In addition, Lydia has a meaty post about her book. Her post includes free material like the book's table of contents, its first chapter, and its conclusion. Not to mention endorsements by very notable NT scholars like Stanley Porter and Tom Schreiner. Schreiner is the icing on the cake for those of us who are Reformed, I think.

Finally, since it might be of interest to Triablogue readers, a friend who already has Lydia's book informs us that Lydia has a dedication to Steve Hays in her book and cites him in her book too.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Concerning the dedication to Steve Hays, I quote (apropos of Steve) on the dedication page this from Pilgrim's Progress:

    Then said he, “I am going to my Father’s, and though with great difficulty I got hither, yet now I do not repent me of all the trouble I have been at to arrive where I am.
    My sword I give to him that shall suceed me in my pilgrimage, and my courage and skill to him that can get it. My marks and scars I carry with me, to be a witness for me, that I have fought his battles, who now will be my rewarder.”

    It's about Mr. Valiant-for-Truth

    I have a feeling that it may have been someone on this blog who first quoted that about Steve after his death. If so, I hope you won't mind my borrowing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My copy is set to arrive tomorrow! The Steve dedication is a joy to hear! :)

    ReplyDelete