Monday, November 04, 2019

The Face of Miracles

William Dembski has co-authored (with Alex Thomas) an ebook titled The Face of Miracles:

The Faces of Miracles is an eBook written by Bill Dembski and Alex Thomas. It will be presented on this blog, BillDembski.com, over the next four months (November 2019 thru February 2020), with new installments typically appearing on Mondays.

You can read the Introduction now.

I don't know if I'll agree with what Dembski and Thomas have to say, but it'll likely be quite thought-provoking. Dembski is a highly intelligent and refreshingly independent thinker.

Speaking of miracles and related phenomena (e.g. NDEs), I've most appreciated what Jason Engwer, Steve Hays, Robert Larmer, and Tim McGrew have said on these topics. I don't know what Dembski has planned, but it would be good to see Dembski interact with what they've written. Jason and Steve's material is available on Triablogue, while Larmer and McGrew have published academic articles and books (e.g. The Legitimacy of Miracle, the SEP entry on miracles).

2 comments:

  1. I think Dembski, whom I greatly respect, is jaundiced by the failure of faith-healers to miraculously cure his autistic son. As I recall, he desperately went to a notorious charlatan.

    I also don't see the point of a poll about popular attitudes towards miracles. What's far more relevant is a survey polling people who say they've witnessed a miracle, then doing follow-up interviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is absolutely key to keep in mind! Thanks, Steve.

      Delete