Thursday, January 31, 2019

L'état, c'est moi

One function of good laws is to restrain the powerful. Left to their own devices, many powerful men and women abuse their power. Take advantage of their superior clout to exploit and oppress weaker people. 

In a lawless society, the most ruthless and powerful prevail. If I want your car, your house, your woman, I take what I want if I have the wherewithal. If you get in my way, I'll kill you. Indeed, I might kill you on a whim, just to show everyone who's boss.

That's the unbridled power politics we see in the abortion lobby. Kill the most defenseless members of society…because they're defenseless. It used to be murdering unarmed blacks or unarmed Jews. To be weak and defenseless makes you a target. 

Christian ethics curbs the will to power. It promotes care for the vulnerable. That's why Nietzsche despised it. Ironically, he himself became helpless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment