Wednesday, September 23, 2015

This Week in the News: all “Pope Francis”, all the time

And George “I Had Dinner With The Pope” Weigel is going to be on-point for the news coverage. Anyone who thinks I have a one-track mind in “bashing” the papacy ought to consider this kind of news coverage that a pope generates on a regular basis:

EPPC's George Weigel to Provide Commentary for NBC News
on Pope Francis's U.S. Visit
In his capacity as Senior Vatican Analyst for NBC News, EPPC Distinguished Senior Fellow George Weigel will be providing commentary on Pope Francis's visit to the United States throughout the week. His schedule, subject to change, is as follows (all times are EDT):
Tuesday, September 22
3 p.m. - 5 p.m. MSNBC special coverage on papal arrival
4 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. and following: NBC Special Report on papal arrival

Wednesday, September 23
7 a.m. Today on NBC
9 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. NBC Special Report on White House ceremony
10:55 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. NBC Special Report on parade around the Ellipse
3 p.m. NBC/MSNBC special coverage of papal Mass and canonization of Junipero Serra

Thursday, September 24
7 a.m. Today on NBC
9:15 a.m. NBC Special Report from the Capitol
10 a.m. - 11 a.m. NBC Special Report from the Capitol
12 p.m. Andrea Mitchell Reports on MSNBC
5 p.m. - 7 p.m. MSNBC Special Coverage of service at St. Patrick's

Friday, September 25
10 a.m. - 1 p.m. MSNBC Special Coverage of papal address to UN and Ground Zero prayer service
4 p.m. MSNBC Special Coverage of papal visit to Harlem school

Saturday, September 26
9 a.m. - 1 p.m. MSNBC Special Coverage of papal arrival in Philadelphia and Mass

Sunday, September 27
1:30 p.m. Weekends with Alex Witt on MSNBC

3 p.m. - 8 p.m. MSNBC Special Coverage of Mass at World Meeting of Familees and departure ceremony

2 comments:

  1. John, what I find interesting as I glance periodically at the news clips of how well this pope is being received formally and casually along his parade routes coming and going is just how stark a difference it is for him and it was for Him for whom he is suppose to represent:::>

    Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
    Joh 15:21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me.
    Joh 15:22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.
    Joh 15:23 Whoever hates me hates my Father also.
    Joh 15:24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father.
    Joh 15:25 But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: 'They hated me without a cause.'

    They seem to love this guy! That's odd knowing what I know about the other Guy!

    Joh 15:18 "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
    Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

    Maybe it's just because the news cameras don't show the whole picture that we don't see him being hated as the Lord says those who speak for Him will be in this fallen wicked world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael -- I have a chart I am going to try to publish -- a Gallup poll showing that his "favorability" rating has fallen from 70% to 45% among "Conservatives" (I need to do some further checking into that before I put up a blog post on it), but that's a huge drop. He's also fallen from about 89% to 71% among all Roman Catholics, and I'd guess that there's some overlap between those two numbers.

      Delete