Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Olson's evolving God


Arminian theologian Roger Olson on God's moral evolution:

Roger Olson 
Let me recommend a book I've reviewed and recommended here before: Kent Sparks' Sacred Word, Broken Word. It's a whole different look at parts of the OT. Jesus said that Moses allowed divorce for almost any reason "because of the hardness of their hearts." I'm not sure what that meant. But, apparently, God changed his mind about some of the things he commanded and allowed in "OT times." All that is to say that I really don't know 1) If God really commanded the Israelites to stone disobedient children (for example), and 2) If he did, why. I don't lose any sleep over it at my age. :) 
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/rogereolson/2014/05/a-step-in-the-right-direction-a-public-policy-statement-about-capital-punishment-in-america/#comment-1417471367

1 comment: