Thursday, May 24, 2012

1956 Oscar Cullmann work available in reprint


I learned today that an Oscar Cullmann work I’ve been citing for some time now, Cullmann’s article on “The Tradition” has been reprinted now, (in “The Early Church,” London: SCM Press LTD © 1956, reprinted ©2011). I had been told by a Seminary Professor that this work of Cullmann’s is probably the best article discussing the relationship of Scripture and Tradition in the early church. I have the 1956 edition, which was difficult to get, but it’s good to see that this fine work is now available to anyone who wants to look into it.

Other essay titles include:

1. The Necessity and Function of higher Criticism
2. The Origin of Christmas
3. The Plurality of the Gospels as  Theological Problem in Antiquity
4. The Tradition
5. The Kingship of Christ and the Church in the New Testament
6. The Return of Christ
7. The Proleptic Deliverance of the Body According to the New Testament
8. ὁ ὀπίσω μου ἐρχόμενος (“he who comes after me”)
9. Samaria and the Origins of the Christian Mission
10. Early Christianity and Civilization

I’ve not read much at all of the other articles, but I offer this as a source for those exegetically-minded folks who might be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment