Monday, August 09, 2010

Debate: Does the Christian God Exist?

Some of you have probably wondered where I've been the last month or so. I've simply been slammed with church, family, and debate preparation responsibilities, so I haven't had much time to write. Below is the Facebook announcement for our upcoming debate with two representatives of the UNCG Atheists, Agnostics, and Skeptics. Please pray that this debate goes well. Here's what I mean by using the word "well": We don't care about "winning" (whatever that means); we simply want to accurately speak the truth in love, and use this debate as an opportunity to proclaim the truth of the Triune God as well as promote friendly dialogue between ourselves and the freethought community of UNCG and the greater Greensboro area. Thanks for your prayerful support!

This is the first debate the UNCG Atheists, Agnostics, and Skeptics have ever held and the first religious debate at UNCG to my knowledge. I encourage you to come out and bring as many friends as possible.

The topic will be: "Does the Christian god exist?"

The sides will be:

Shepherd's Fellowship of Greensboro
A Sovereign Grace Baptist Church
- Sye Ten Bruggencate
- Pastor Dustin Segers
http://www.sfofgso.org/
http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/

UNCG Atheists, Agnostics, and Skeptics
- Joshua Deaton
- Phillip Drum

The debate will be moderated by Pastor Sterling J VanDerwerker

General Format of Debate:
Introduction
Opening Statement
2nd Statement
Cross Examination
Rebuttal
5 Minute Break (during break questions will be written on 3x5 cards)
Summation
Audience Questions
Moderator Closing Comments

Location of Debate:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=108783901901916108039.00048d67ec5740e32526b

3 comments:

  1. God bless you Dusman as you glorify Him with apologetics-evangelism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked on your church calendar and saw that it was September 2. I don't know whether I can make it (I live down the road in Statesville and have a day job), but what time does the debate take place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim,

    The debate will start promptly at 7:00 p.m. I hope to see you there brother!

    Dusman

    ReplyDelete