Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Is Yahweh worse than the devil?

Every notice how Arminians who can't stand Calvin's God are bedfellows with misotheists who can't stand Yahweh?



drwayman says:
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 7:59pm
I was thinking of an average visitor to the psalm singing church when the first time s/he visits is during an imprecatory psalm. I’m glad that DH’s story turns out so positive but I think it’s probably an exception.
I can imagine a person coming in and thinking “…will they not say that you are out of your mind?” as Paul states in I Cor 14 regarding a visitation during uninterpreted tongues.
So, as a visitor, I say “God loves me and has a wonderful plan for my life” and I am told quite the opposite, “God’s wrath is resting upon me and I will feel the full weight of God’s anger…” Remember this is just after I had heard sung that God’s people dance in the blood of the unrighteous.
So, as a visitor, I am faced with a choice, 1) you guys are looney and going for a Christian jihad, I’m gonna get out of here, or 2) I better pretend to join these guys before they end up dancing in my blood and then I will get away from these as soon as I leave or 3) possibly I really truly want to repent.

But, #3 may be a sham perpetuated by God as Calvin states,
“Sometimes, however, He communicates it [the special call of God] also to those whom He enlightens only for a time, and whom afterward, in just punishment for their ingratitude, He abandons and smites with greater blindness.” Institutes, 3:24.8.



http://randalrauser.com/2011/12/singing-the-praises-of-the-imprecatory-psalms/#comments-wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment