Saturday, April 02, 2011

Is universal infant salvation a valid option?

I myself don't subscribe to universal infant salvation. This doesn't mean I oppose it. I tend to think it's a bit artificial, but it's a respectable theological option. For all I know (or don't), it could well be the case. Here's how two reputable Christian pastors argue for universal infant salvation:

http://www.enjoyinggodministries.com/article/are-those-who-die-in-infancy-saved/

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/articles/what-happens-to-infants-who-die

I also think infant salvation is more likely in Christian families, although we must avoid the temptation to be  presumptuous about the grace of God.

3 comments:

  1. The answer to the subject question is, as Steve has already suggested, "yes".

    Here's another resource in addition to those linked in the OP.

    Steve,

    Do you know if there are any arguments out there for universal infant damnation?

    In Christ,
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a valid option? Scripturally, is yes. Is it a certain thing, no.

    The best theological answer is: "I don't know, but I trust God to judge everyone both justly and graciously."

    ReplyDelete