Thursday, December 07, 2006

John Loftus: sex therapist

“Here are some brief thoughts about sex, marriage and the Christian. It's not meant to be complete or exhaustive, so don't go jumping to conclusions, or in assuming the worst. I think Christians are hung up over sex. Many Christian couples don't talk about it because it's taboo. It's of the flesh...”

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2006/12/sex-marriage-and-christian_07.html

Yes, that’s the problem. Christians are sorely inhibited by their carnal, fleshly notions of sex. That’s why they have so many more children than unbelievers. Because they associate sex with warm bodies and skin contact and all that touchy-feely stuff.

If only they could shuffle off these Victorian pruderies and adopt the more Platonic view of sex advocated by Loftus.

11 comments:

  1. TURN OR BURN HERETIC SCUM!!!

    In Him,

    - Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Loftus is projecting. I mean, he claims he use to be a Christian, right? So he ought to know how they think about sex. I mean, that's what his whole post is assuming. So is he saying that back then as a Christian he didn't "talk about it because it's taboo"? *SHRUGS* I guess he didn't have much of a sex life then, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some Christians do indeed have hangups about sex. I don't think Steve would have posted his "Too hot to handle" series otherwise. Loftus is painting with a pretty wide brush, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was more sex going on at the Christian college I attended for 2 years than at my evil atheist college I attended for the final 2 years.

    For me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, my wife wants me to dress up like a cowboy, what should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rootinin and a Tootinin:

    From my own experience, don't do it. Before you know it, you'll be on your hands and knees with a dog collar "playing" Fido for her too, except the "game" seems to go on and on in and out of the bedroom...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah anonymous, I don't think masturbation really counts as "more sex going on.." although in your case at least it was sex with someone you obviously love very much....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The problem with the whole sex business is that legalists (and Loftus was a legalist) tend to go for sex and what-have-you.

    So some Christians might. They're wrong. The difficulty is with prurience, with an unhealthy preoccupation with sex (whether legalist or libertine).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey anonymous #1, when was the last time you spoke to a woman where you didn't have to give your credit card number first?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steve,

    IMHO, more combox monitoring is in order here. Rapid descent has taken place.......

    ReplyDelete