Saturday, October 04, 2008

Dispatches from the true church

"His [Maher's] two most delightful guests, oddly enough, are priests stationed in the Vatican. Between them, they cheerfully dismiss wide swaths of what are widely thought to be Catholic teachings, including the existence of Hell. One of these priests almost dissolves in laughter as he mentions various beliefs that I, as a child, solemnly absorbed in Catholic schools."

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081002/REVIEWS/810020306

3 comments:

  1. I didn't think this movie was out already...could've sworn it was next month. Do you think you'll be doing a write-up of this, Steve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'll watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll spring for an Extra Jumbo tub of popcorn with heart-stopping rivers of butter on it :D

    ReplyDelete